Don’t miss the Fourth Annual Roslyn Bar Wars! This event is the ultimate water balloon throw down between Marko’s and the Eagle’s Patios. Doors at Eagles and Marko’s will open by noon and the water balloon war will commence at 4pm and run until the balloons run out. Pick your favorite patio and prepare for battle (note: Eagles are offering guest day passes this year if you wish to fight on the Eagle’s side. Members and guests of members of any Eagles Aerie are also encouraged to come join the fight). Currently, the Eagles Club holds the trophy after last year’s win. Will this be Marko’s time to take it back?
Hand held water balloon launchers are welcome (though fixed launchers and catapults are not allowed). All proceeds of the water balloon sales will be donated to ARRF and the Roslyn Library. A minimum $5 donation to your side’s cause is requested to participate in the battle. Water balloons will be provided, but you are encouraged to bring your own balloons and super soakers to help tip your team toward a victory.
A recap video of last year’s event can be found on the WhyRoslyn Facebook Page. Come early and be ready for a day of fun in the sun!
The winner is the establishment that scores the highest in a three point game:
- Spirit & Enthusiasm: One Point
- One Point will be awarded for the team that demonstrates the most Spirit and Enthusiasm through costumes, ammo and water weapons, and Attitude.
- Battle Prowess: One Point
- One Point will be awarded for most courage, cleverness, carnage and battle strategy.
- Dollars Raised: One Point
- Remember, this is all for good causes. One point will be awarded for the most money raised through donations and raffle entries.
Important Note: While we encourage safe and fun participation, water balloon strikes can sometimes hurt a bit – please participate at your own risk.